PANAMANIAN SHIP REGISTRATION
The process for registering ships under the Panamanian flag is very simple and expeditious. You can start with a request for a provisional license through a legal representative (suitable in the Republic of Panama) or in the Panamanian consulates accredited abroad, for which you shall bring the required information and payment of the corresponding fee.
The registration consists of two stages: Provisional
I.1. Client must provide AME the following docs to obtain the Provisional Ship Registration Certificate and Radio License:
1. Form A (contact us to get this form)
2. Memorandum of Agreement
3. Valid copies of the Document of Compliance (DOC) and Safety Management Certificate (SMC).
* Continuous Synopsis Record (CSR).
* International Ship Security Certificate(ISSC)
4. Power of Attorney
The Provisional Ship Registration Certificate and Radio License
will be issued within 24 working hours if the above documents completed as well as the first annual tax was paid. These temporary certificates are valid for 6 months.
I.2. Permanent Certification will be issued if the following documents are submitted:
1. Original Bill of Sale and Acceptance of Sale in favor of current owners, duly notarized and authenticated by the Panamanian Consulate.
2. Original Power of Attorney in our favor, duly notarized and authenticated by the Panamanian Consulate.
3. Copies of DOC, SMC, ISSC, CSR under the new owner name
4. Report of LRIT, Immarsat C active report.
⇒ Those permanents will be valid for 5 years.
Panama Shelf Corporation
We offer the services of selling shelfs companies or shelf corporations. They can also be used as offshore corporations.
Some of these corporations were created some time ago and they are ready for sale today for employers that require some degree of longevity or time of incorporation of their business.
The shelfs companies may be sold to a person or group of people wishing to start a business without having to go through all the procedures of creating a new company and the process of opening a new bank account.
Some of the most common reasons for buying shelfs companies are:
- Corporations ready for use.
- Shorten the time to create a new corporation.
- Can be used in contracts requiring companies with adulthood in financial terms.
- Used in tax planning strategies.
- Used to demonstrate corporate longevity, in order to attract consumers or investors.
- Acquiring bank accounts ready for use.
- Get access to banking and credit.
To buy a shelf corporation is vert fast and can be in your name in four days without having to travel to Panama, through powers of the board of directors.
The cost of shelf companies changes according to the due date of registration (age) to the annual tax updated.
The registration of ships may be international service and local service.
The request for the registry of an international service vessel in the Merchant Marine shall have to be accompanied by the following documents:
1. Original of the appointment instrument of the Resident Agent granted by the owner, which if issued abroad must be duly authenticated.
2. Prime facie evidence of the ownership of the vessel or the intention to acquire such property.
3. Proof of payment of duties, government taxes and the corresponding rights.
4. Any other additional document that the General Directorate of Merchant Marine requires.
At the request of the interested party, the General Directorate of Merchant Marine may waive the presentation of any of the before mentioned documents at the time of presenting the flagging request for its later presentation in a period not greater than thirty days.
Accepted the flagging request and all the rights, duties and corresponding taxes paid, the General Directorate of Merchant Marine shall issue a title deed as evidence of the registration of the vessel in the Merchant Marine of Panama, which shall have all the particularities of the ship that the General Directorate of Merchant Marine deems appropriate. Also, the General Directorate of Merchant Marine shall proceed with the issuance of the corresponding Patent and Radio License, if the vessel is able to sail.
In order to obtain the regulatory navigation rights, the following documents shall be submitted:
1. Proof of registration of the ownership title of the vessel in the Public Registry of Panama.
2. Original of the appointment instrument of the Resident Agent of the ship, which if issued abroad must be duly authenticated.
3. Original or notarized copy of the cancellation certificate of the previous record or certificate of construction, in the case of vessels of new construction, or document evidencing the judicial sale, which if issued abroad must be duly authenticated.
4. Certificates and technical and security documents that the General Directorate of Merchant Marine requests in connection to the type of the service of the ship, its shipment and other pertinent considerations.
5. Proof that the ship has fulfilled satisfactorily the requirements of inspection demanded by the General Directorate of Merchant Marine. 6. Proof of payment of the applicable rights.
7. Any other requirement that the General Directorate of Merchant Marine requests.
The local service vessels shall not require submitting the appointment document of the Resident Agent referred by numeral 2, when the flagging request has been presented directly by the owner.
In order to obtain the regulatory radio license, the ship shall have a certificate of discharge, have its technical documents in effect and submit:
1. Application form of the radio license duly completed.
2. Proof of payment of the applicable rights.
3. Any other documdence of the ownership of the vessel or the intention to acquire such property.
4. Proof of paymenent or information that the General Directorate of Merchant Marine requests.